Onion Bhajis are one of my guilty pleasures. Yes, I am a healthy food blogger, but I fall down the band wagon every now and again and have a blow out! However, the only bad thing about Bhajis are the deep fat frying, so eliminate that and you have a little pile of vegetables, right!
So, here are my Sweet Potato Onion Bhaji Fritters. That are baked, not fried 😉 If you want them to stick together a little more, bake them as follows in the method below, then shallow fry in a little oil for a few minutes too.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 a red onion
- 5 sundried tomatoes sliced thinly
- half fresh chilli / or 1 tbls chilli flakes
- 1 tbls arrow root powder
- 1 tbls flour (I use gluten free)
- 1 tbls olive oil
- Peel and grate the sweet pot
- slice the onion thinly
- Mix all the top 4 ingredients together
- Mix the flour, arrowroot, oil and 2 tbls water in a bowl to form a ‘batter’ then mix into the sweet pot bowl
- Flatten a handful of the mixture onto a baking tray and squidge together, makes around 4 large fritters.
- cook for around 15 mins on each side at 180 at top of the oven