I think I might have created a new favourite snack. Seriously…these quick bake, throw together biscuits are a little snippet of guilt free luxury!
They’re crunchy, indulgent yet refined sugar free, and they taste like a biscuit you’d buy in the luxury section of one of your local retailers.
Great for a pre / post work out treat…or broken up and sprinkled on yoghurt. This would also work well made into a biscuit base for a special desert…so watch this space.
By the end of reading this recipe you’ll be drooling your way to the kitchen!
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of whole almonds
- 3 tbs of raw cacao powder
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbs water
- Add the first 4 ingredients to your food processor and whizz on high for a few minutes until the almonds are well broken down and the mixture is crumbly
- Put the rest of the ingredients in and mix again on high until the coconut oil has warmed up and is well combined. Add a little extra water if it looks too crumbly
- Form the mixture into golf ball size circles in your hand, compress well and then flatten each one onto baking paper.
- Place in the middle of your preheated oven for 30 minutes until they start to brown round the edges.
- Leave to cool – when cooled they’ll harden, giving them an excellent crunch!
- Should keep for around 4-5 days in an airtight container or foil.