Hands up if you love pizza?! 🙋 Hands up if you hate the feeling of eating too much carby pizza 🙋 Well, hellooooo low carb, tasty delicious with all the trimmings Cauliflower pizza 😍
I’ve seen, trialled, and devoured the various versions of the Cauli pizza for a while now, so I thought it was about time I posted my all time favourite version down in writing… here goes. Ps. of course you can add any toppings you like to this.
- 1 whole cauliflower (medium size)
- Half a cup of ground almonds or ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Handful of spinach
- Half red onion
- 70g chorizo sausage
- Handful of cheese of your choice (parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar or feta work well)
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- dash of Balsamic vinegar
- dash of olive oil
- Cut the florets off your Cauliflower and place in a food processor and blend until all broken down into tiny pieces, and no lumps left. Transfer into a large bowl. Break in the eggs, add the ground almonds or linseed. Season with salt & pepper, chilli flakes and mix well. If the mixture seems too wet add a little more almond of linseed.
- Line a rectangular oven tray with foil and pour the Cauliflower base mixture on top, flatten out into the corners evenly using a spatula until its flattened to a couple of inches deep and place in your pre heated oven for around 20 minutes until it starts to brown.
- In the meantime chop the onion and chorizo and fry in a frying pan for a few minutes until browned – add a dash of balsamic and set to one side.
- Mix the tomato puree, dash of balsamic, oil together in a ramekin.
- Take the base out of the oven and spread the tomato mixture over, use a spatula to spread into the corners and all over the base. Then add your toppings in your favourite order 😉 mines tomatoe, spinach, chorizo mixture, the sprinkling of cheese and a grind of pepper!
- Place in the over for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the rest of the toppings start to brown.
- Buon appetito! 😋