If I had to eat one cuisine for the rest of my life it would be Asian food without a doubt. I just can’t get enough of it! Fresh, light ingredients, full of incredible flavours. One of my favourite asian meals is Pad Thai (for those that know me and my blog you can probably guess why – I am an utter nut addict!!) After experimenting with Courgetti noodles, I decided to recreate Pad Thai using them. If you don’t have a Spiralizer, you can also use a julienne peeler.
This is really quick easy meal to throw together after work. Recipe serves 2.
- Two courgettes
- Two chicken fillets
- 400g uncooked, peeled prawns
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1/2 fresh chilli – sliced thinly
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Handful of chopped unsalted peanuts – toasted slightly in the oven for around 5 minutes.
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- splash water
- Spiralize the courgettes straight onto the serving plates, and sprinkle the spring onion over the top and drizzle a little virgin olive oil over each plate.
- Chop up chicken into chunks, and add a little coconut oil to a frying pan, add the chicken and sliced chilli and fry until brown.
- Whilst the chicken cooks prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a ramekin until smooth.
- When the chicken is almost done, add the prawns and cook for the remaining couple of minutes.
- Serve the chicken and prawn out and drizzle a good serving of sauce over each, and finish with a sprinkle of the chopped coriander, and a squeeze of lime.